Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Ain't No Sunshine
I wish I can capture you like the sun on the twilight sky, you are like this light to me. Even though my life is such a beautiful sky what would it look like without the sun?
This is just wishful thinking isn't it? 'Cause no matter what I do you can never love me as your woman. I'm only a girl to your eyes, I can make you smile and make you laugh but I can never make you happy enough.
I tried to unlove you, get you out of my mind and live a life without you but its like a day without the sun. I love the rain, the clouds and the fog but its because I know the sun is always shining behind them. But without you, its like never really seeing anything behind the mist. I know I can go on, live the most normal life possible without you. But it will all lose its meaning.
I prayed for Him to take away what is not meant to be and unpleasant to His eyes, and everything this body felt lifted up except what is left in the heart. It always whispers to love like I never loved before, not to expect anything back. Just love that person so much because no one else can love him that way. The sun rises up in the morning and sets in the evening, reminds me that the sun only shines half of the day and must give way to the night. Taught me to hold on half tightly and half blindly, yes the sun is beautiful but there must also be a time to see the moon and the stars. They aren't that bright, but their gentle light creates a sanctuary where you can reflect what happened during the day. To miss the sun there must be the moon, and to find the night mysterious there's the day.
How perfect is his creation...like you in my life. The way you stay in my heart even if you're hundreds of miles away. The way I feel your hand in mine without actually touching them. You shine in my sky and disappear to let me see the night hopeful that there's always a tomorrow by His grace. No one is perfect, but I found what is perfect in my life and it is where you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment